The windscreen of your car plays a very important role when you’re driving, it protects you from flying debris, keeps you dry and most importantly keeps your view clear. Keeping your windscreen clean is extremely important, it must be clear and clean to ensure your view when driving is not disrupted. Let’s delve into the best ways to clean a car’s windscreen.
Start From the Outside
There are many ways to clean your windscreen, one way in which you can make your windscreen sparkly clean it with water and car wash. Using a bucket, car wash, a sponge and a clean towel, you can take your dirty windscreen into one that looks brand new.
- Lift your windscreen wipers to a 70° angle or until they stand on there own.
- Splash you windscreen with clean water.
- Add a small dash of car wash into a large bucket of warm water.
- Using the sponge, take the soapy water and begin to work the dirt on the windscreen in circular motions.
- Grab some more clean water to wash away any soap left on the windscreen.
- You can repeat steps 3 & 4 until all dirt is removed.
- When you’re satisfied with the cleanliness of your windscreen, grab an old, clean towel and wipe away any water left behind.
For a deeper clean, you can also use a small damp cloth to clean the windscreen wipers. Gently use the cloth to clean the rubber strip on the inside of the windscreen wipers. This will remove any dirt which may have accumulated over time.
Cleaning the Inside of Your Windscreen
By cleaning the inside after the outside, will enable you to identify any smears left on the inside. You can but fancy gadgets to help the cleaning process of the inside of your windscreen, but a simple microfibre cloth and water will do the trick just fine. The easiest way to clean the inside of your windscreen is from the passenger seat, this allows you an increased reach as you won’t have a steering wheel in the way.
- Use one side of the microfibre cloth to dust down the windscreen
- Then using a small amount of water, rub down any smudges or fingerprints with the clean side of the cloth.
- After this, you may wish to use another clean microfibre cloth to wipe down any residue left behind.
Windscreen wipers, some may not even notice how useful windscreen wipers are. They keep your windscreen clear from rain, snow, debris and so much more. It is vital that you keep your wiper fluid topped up at all times. This ensures you’re able to clear any stubborn dirt that may obscure your view whilst driving.
Tips & Tricks for on the go Cleaning
There is nothing worse than facing an issue with your windscreen on the road, ensure you’re reading for any challenges you may face with these tips and tricks.
By keeping a microfibre in your glove box you will be able to keep your windscreen clear of smudges and fingerprints on the road.
Non-Smearing Interior Wipes
Non-smearing interior wipes are great to have in your car. Spillage? No worries! Mark on the window? No worries, interior wipes can remove any distractions on the move.
Extra Wiper Fluid
Running out of wiper fluid mid-journey is a real old pain, so ensure you’re reading for the worst with a spare bottle of wiper fluid. Don’t want to carry around litres and litres of screenwash? No worries, fill an old water bottle with premade wiper fluid to make sure you’re ready for that moment you run out.
Here at Fleet Motorglass, we offer a complete range of vehicle glass repairs to customers in Milton Keynes, Luton, Bedford and surrounding areas. If you would like to find out more please give us a call on 0800 232424 today.